irma fadhila is a berlin-based photographer whose works have been featured at several exhibitions both in her current city and jakarta, her hometown.
irma’s pictures have been published on international art and fashion news platforms such as vogue, resident advisor, freunde von freunden, missy magazine and telekom electronic beats, in addition to local outlets.
she has self-published two books: "aksara bersuara" (2017), a book of indonesian poetry and black and white photography, and "where are you from?" (2018), a portrait and story compilation conveying the experiences of southeast asian people in western culture.
irma has been hired to shoot events such as CTM festival 2020, a 10 day program of innovative pop, electronic and experimental music, and UY zone, a contemporary site-specific dance ritual held at halle am berghain in 2019.
when she’s not working or taking candid photos of friends, irma enjoys attending exhibitions, dancing to disco music, and cooking dishes that remind her of home. she is available for freelance and employment opportunities.
photo: mohammad adika rahman / text: melina powell
- 2012 - indonesian youth conference, jakarta
- 2016 - juru bicara world tour by pandji pragiwaksono, berlin
- 2016 - #wemetonthenet by visumate, berlin
- 2016 - indoversity, berlin
- 2017 - rakigai x publichood coffee, jakarta
- 2018 - werkschau htw berlin, berlin
- 2018 - we are not same same, berlin
- 2019 - MSG and friends #1, berlin
- 2020 - bibit bebet bobot by soy division, berlin